Pages

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Quitting My Day Job? Am I Crazy?

After thinking about it long and hard, I've decided that I think it's time to try to spend some more time with my family and build a business out of what I love.  But that means quitting my day job.  That means reducing our income by well... my income!  *gulp*  It's really scary, but you know what?  If you don't TRY, then how will you ever KNOW if you'll be successful?  I can sew my heart out.  I can create things that are SUPER cute.  I can do this... right?  *double gulp* 

I was going to try to prepare in advance and save up some money, but then it got to a point in my job where I am working 60 hours a week.  Which I'm SURE that I'll be doing that when I stop working and start creating full time, but I won't have set hours to do the work at.  I won't be working 10 am to 6 pm Tuesday through Saturday and 1 to 6 on Sunday with ONE freakin' day off a week.  And I won't be stuck staying late if I have someone come into the model home.  It's risky, but what in life isn't risky?

I talked to a guy today who owns a gas station in a really bad part of town.  He owns a home where I work.  Well, he's 28 and has had a heart attack, been shot, almost got shot while at work the other day, been in a really really really bad motorcyle accident and still smiles every time I see him.  I asked him today if he smiles so he wouldn't cry.  He laughed (of course) and said "sweety.  I live my day to the fullest each and every day.  Why?  Because I love God and my family and of all else - myself.  I do what makes me happy every day... Everyone should."  *sniffle*  He's SO right!  So...

That's it.  By the first of the year, I'll be full time selling my wares!  EEEE!  Follow me on the journey!  All while blogging and giving stuff away.  Oh the fun it will be!!

EEEEE!!

Toodles!

SediluGreen

No comments:

Post a Comment